At High Definition Roofing we have a specific Moss Division dedicated to removing
the unsightly moss and algae from your roof and we do not use bleach, lye, acid,
phosphates or heavy metals. Those hazardous ingredients can cause damage to gutters,
windows, flashing, vehicles and other surfaces as well as to our environment. Our
products are biodegradable, non corrosive and in most cases, do not require any
rinsing, thus virtually eliminating the need for pressure washing which can potentially
degrade your asphalt shingle performance, and your landscaping will not be compromised.
You will notice that all of the moss that was sprayed will be turning brown and
drying up. This happens very quickly, within the first week after the treatment.
The good news at that point is that the moss has stopped eating away at your roof.
Now all there is to do is to wait for the sun, wind and rain to remove the moss.
With every day that goes by you will notice less and less moss on the roof until
the roof is free of the moss. The process usually takes 60-90 days before the moss
is completely gone.
A reapplication in some severe cases is necessary 60 to 90 days later to achieve
optimum results. The most important factor in this whole process is that after that
first application the algae or mold will no longer be eating away at your roof shingles,
so right away you have solved the biggest problem. Now you just need to wait until
the rain rinses away the mold and black algae.